6:05pm. Saturday. Farmers Mall. Sitting on a monoblock chair while waiting for the anticipated mass to start. Armed with a brand spanking new notebook (a purple & gold one which was a gift from Ava) and a new pen (one which I klepto-ed from my previous job), I began to think…what can I write about next?
I suddenly remembered an ad from a newspaper that I had cut out a few weeks back and tacked on my cubicle at work. It’s a single sentence which reads: YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. I thought it was a pretty strong sentence. I cut it out because I felt that the universe was telling me something right then.
It got me thinking…I’ll only live once. We’ll all just have this life. No second chances. No repeats. No sequels. I think (or worry?) about the future like everyone else. You know how some people have bucket lists? Things they’d like to do in this life? While I applaud the idea, frankly, it also scares me. But I’m not planning on discussing my fears just now. Right now I’d like to share with you my unofficial bucket list…just a few things that I would like to do/see/accomplish/get in this life.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Learn how to drive…again! (I still can’t get over scratching Sumi’s VW way back in college!)
- Learn how to swim
- Learn how to ride a bike
- Learn a third language (right now I’m leaning towards Japanese! Hai!)
- Visit a Japanese temple (in Japan of course!)
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- See the Eiffel Tower at night
- Tour the Louvre
- See Greece!
- Visit Vatican City (& see Michaelangelo’s masterpiece!)
- Visit the Taj Mahal
- Ride the London Eye & ride a London Taxi!
- See Big Ben
- Spend New Year’s Eve in New York (Anderson Cooper included please!)
- Get a tattoo (Design? Check! Body part? Check! Balls to do it? Not yet!)
- Marry the love of my life and start my own family
- Possibly name my children any of the following: Chloe, Makino, Darcy, David or Helena. (I have a list actually…)
- Bungee Jump!
- Zip Line!
- Get drunk at least once
- Have our creepy basement fixed
Organize our home library
- Dance in the rain
- Watch a sunset
- Watch a sunrise
- See U2 live
See Morrissey live! (Oh I’m sure this will bring me to tears!)
- Stand in the front row of a Slipknot concert (I’m channeling all my positive thoughts on this one! Get ready Ava!)
- See Noel Gallagher w/ Oasis (I don’t know how this will happen since Noel has already left the band!)
- Have fireworks at my wedding (while U2’s “All I Want Is You” plays in the background)
- Hold hands with someone I love (I always dream about this one)
- Wear an all-out costume / Attend a costume party
- Sing karaoke…again! (The first time wasn’t as painful as I thought it would be)
- See a fortune teller
- Play in the snow
- Go Ice skating
Get a massage (Probably the easiest thing on this list and I can’t seem to do it!)
- Because of my new addiction to koreanovelas & jdoramas—I’d like to see F4 (Taiwan), Arashi (MatsuJun!) and
- Watch Conan O’Brien live
- Have my own room / space
- Attend Comicon (& join my fellow geeks & freaks!)
- Have photo taken while crossing Abbey Road
- Watch a taping of “The Colbert Report” (Kris has already checked this off her list!)
- Have a pet
- Learn how to read The Bible
I’m feeling good about this list & I’m sure I’ll add more things in the future. Nothing seems impossible when you think positively about things. I know the Universe is listening & I can’t wait to start!
So, what’s on your list?